The Pope is coming to the United States and is visiting the Northeast and, hey, look at that, I am in the Northeast! I wonder if the seminary will go up and see him when he visits New York. What's that? We will?! Wahoooo!!!! The Vicar of Christ, the Successor of Peter, the man who holds the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven* is coming to visit and we get to see him!!!!
I do not think we will get to talk to him or be greeted by His Holiness, but we will be near him and hear him speak. We will be at the seminary in New York in Dunwoody and then at Yankee Stadium for a Mass the next day, the weekend of April 19th and 20th.
What a blessing!
I will give a full report
Pax.
* And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16: 17-19
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful opportunity for you seminarians. Probably not many seminarians have had this awesome blessing to see our Holy Father especially in America. God bless you all.
We are so happy for your opportunity. We pray for you everyday in our third grade classroom. God bless you and all the seminarians of Raleigh. Please report back to us about your trip to NY.
A friend from Wilmington..
How fortunate for you to be able to see the Pope and receive his special blessings. We pray for you every week at our prayer vigils.
Post a Comment