Updates: This Blog is no longer active, but will stay alive as a resource for images and such related to the above links. Pax tecum.
Thought: Love consists not in feeling great things but in having great detachment and in suffering for the Beloved.--St. John of the Cross

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Seminary is still proceeding...busy, so few posts lately, but now home for Easter break.

It seems like winter is over, soon to be official when Spring arrives. We had one real "blast," from a Southerner's perspective, "flurries" from a "Yankee" (!) perspective, but that is about enough to satisfy me.

Midterms have come and gone, as has the first paper that I have written for a grade in about five years. It wasn't too bad. I have another one to work on while home for break. Thanks, Medieval Philosophy professor!

Greek, and German on the side, is going well.

Check out a local Catholic family blog, filled with wild and clever kids. This post is a prime example of the hilarity.

Once we return from Easter break, there will be just over a month left before summer break. I have found out the official word on the summer occupation. I will be at Creighton University attending a Spirituality program with the Institute for Priestly Formation. Click the link to find out more about it. I was hoping I would be able to go here, from what I have heard about the program. It is perfect timing for me, I believe, to attend this program. Discernment is often a long and arduous process, made so for many reasons (I will stop there). This program is designed to help fully integrate the call from God, and understand the call from God. Fitting in to the seminary system, it should be a time of self-discovery and self-knowledge, a vital element to fully understanding a vocation. As I mentioned to a friend of mine in a recent conversation: Often, in discerning, we can end up saying that the Devil is behind everything, that God is behind everything, or that we (our own will) are behind everything; only with a true knowledge of ourselves can we truly "discern the spirits", the internal tensions and desires, and ultimately, the call itself. It will be a ten-week program.

The visit to see the Holy Father is fast approaching, as is the Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. I will post freely for both events.

Until next post, have a holy Holy Week and a Blessed Easter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Charles,
Hope you have a wonderful "visit" with The Holy Father this week. We had hoped to go to DC to at least join the throngs to wave and welcome Pope Benedict, but couldn't get accommodations. My prayers will be with you The Pope for a safe and holy journey. Can't wait to see your Blog on this. God bless you. (Oh, pray for you at the Prayer Vigils, of course.) M. M.

Anonymous said...

Dear Charles, the previous Blog should read...
"My prayers will be with you AND...

"(Oh, WE pray for you...."

But, I'm sure you knew that!!!
God bless you.
M. M.